Table of contents
- What is Qatar Family Visit Visa?
- Documents You Need for Qatar Family Visit Visa
- Online and Offline Application for Qatar Family Visit Visa
- How to Apply for Qatar Family Visit Visa Online
- How to Apply for Qatar Family Visit Visa Offline
- The Duration of the Family Visit Visa
- Family Visit Visa Fees
- Other Things You Should Keep in Mind
What is Qatar Family Visit Visa?
Qatar Family Visit Visa is a short-term visa that allows residents of Qatar, who live outside of the country, to bring their father, mother, children, wife, or close relatives to Qatar for a visit. They give out the visa for one month, and in some cases, it can be prolonged to up to six months. It is important to remember that this visa is only for visiting, as it is short-term. If you are a foreign employee looking for a way to help their families live in Qatar for a more extended period, you can refer to the Family Residence Visa.
As of July 2021, you need to have travel insurance with coverage for healthcare services in Qatar if you wish to apply for a family visit visa.
MOI’s mobile app, called Metrash2, now accepts family visit visa applications from more countries, including India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, and the Philippines. Those living in Qatar who wish to help their family members apply for a visit visa can now fill in the application and apply using the Metrash2 app.
Before applying for the family visit visa, it is crucial to know the following:
- Fully vaccinated visitors, who received the COVID-19 vaccines recognized in Qatar and have waited at least 14 days since the last vaccine to travel to Qatar, can enter the country without spending any time in quarantine.
- GCC citizens that have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have recovered during the last 12 months can avoid the quarantine if they have received a single dose of vaccine and 14 days have passed since the vaccination.
- Unvaccinated children aged 0-11 who come from green-listed countries and are traveling with fully vaccinated parents don’t have to spend time quarantine.
- Unvaccinated children aged 0-11 who come from yellow-listed countries and are traveling with fully vaccinated parents need to spend 7 days in a hotel quarantine.
Spending time in quarantine is obligatory for unvaccinated children coming from red-listed countries. In addition, visitors must go through the Etheraz pre-registration and have prior approval.
Documents You Need for Qatar Family Visit Visa
If You Are Applying Visa for a Wife
- The copy of husband’s Qatar ID
- The copy of husband’s Passport
- A copy of the Marriage Certificate
- The copy of wife’s Passport
- Letter from husband’s employer in which the employer states husband’s profession and salary
- Travel Insurance
- Flight Tickets
If You Are Applying Visa for Other Relatives
Only married migrants with family in Qatar can apply for a visa and sponsor other relatives. Here is what is needed for such a visa:
- A copy of the Sponsor’s Qatar ID
- A copy of the Sponsor’s Passport
- A copy of the Sponsor’s Wife’s Qatar ID
- The copy of Sponsor’s Wife’s Passport
- A valid copy of the visitor’s passport
- Document proving the relationship, such as birth certificate, passport, etc.
- Letter from sponsor’s employer in which the employer states sponsor’s profession and salary
- Travel Insurance
- Flight Tickets
Online and Offline Application for Qatar Family Visit Visa
Applying for a family visit visa was traditionally done by visiting any Ministry of Interior (MoI) Service Centre and submitting copies there, along with the printed application form.
In 2018, Qatar introduced a way to apply for a family visit visa online without going to MoI and applying there. Since 2018, residents can apply for the visa using the Metrash2 mobile app or the MoI website. By using this service, you get a chance to upload all the necessary documents, follow the status of the application and pay the fees electronically after it is approved.
How to Apply for Qatar Family Visit Visa Online
Step 1: Open the Metrash2 app on your mobile phone and log in.
If you haven’t already, make sure you register for Metrash2 first before logging in.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Visa’ icon.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Issue Visa’ icon
Step 4: Click on the ‘Family Visit’ icon
Step 5: Select ‘Family Visa Application’
Step 6: Click on ‘New Application’
Step 7: Fill up the details relating to the visitor.
The details that you need to fill up our visitor’s Gender, Relation, Nationality, Date of Birth, Passport Details, and others.
Step 8: Click on ‘Validate’
Step 9: Upload the photos or scans of the documents needed.
- Make sure that the scans/photos of the document are clear and readable.
- When uploading the scans or photos of the passports, make sure that both the photo and bio pages are on the same side. You will need to create one JPG file by combining both photos/scans.
- When uploading Qatar ID, both the front and the back page should be on the same side of the JPG file, just like the case with the passports.
- You might be asked to prove your relationship with the visitor by showing a birth certificate. If a birth certificate is not available, you can use any other document confirming the relationship.
Step 10: Receiving an update within 3 to 7 working days
If there are any missing documents or mismatching ones, don’t worry! The person who applied for the visa will be notified, and they will be able to make all the necessary changes. After the application is approved and verified, the applicant will receive an application number which they can use for the fee payment.
Step 11: After the visa is approved, you have to pay the visa fee online
After the visa fee is paid using the Metrash2 app, you will download the visa copy and send it to the visitor.
How to Apply for Qatar Family Visit Visa Offline
When it comes to the offline application, along with the other documents mentioned before, you also need a filled-out application form in Arabic. For those who are not Arab speakers, you can get fill this application form from any typing center.
With the documents mentioned before, you might also need:
- Originals of your Passport, QID, and Letter from Employer if there’s any verification needed
- A copy of your tenancy contract/Kahramaa bill, which can serve as proof of where the visitor will be staying in Qatar (this is often not required, but make sure to have one with you just in case)
- If your spouse is the sponsor and the tenancy contract is in their name, a marriage certificate will be needed to prove the relationship.
You need to take these documents to any MoI service center. You can then take a token number from Reception and wait for your turn. Once your number is shown on the screen, you can go to the counter and give them your documents.
They can write the comments on your application and tell you to meet the Captain for the final approval. The Captain then decides if your application can be accepted. If accepted, you will be given a receipt, and they will ask you to check after 2 to 3 working days.
After 2 days, you can check the status online following the link given on the receipt. Users of the Metrahs2 app will be notified about the status change.
Once the visa is approved, you will be able to pay the visa fees online using the Metrash2 or pay directly at the MoI Service Center.
The Duration of the Family Visit Visa
The Qatar family visit visa lasts for one month. However, the visa can last up to six months for close relatives (first and second degree) and in-laws (father, mother, sister, spouse, and children). In the case of other relatives, it can be prolonged for only two months.
Relatives who want to stay longer than one month have to undergo a medical test within a few days.
Family Visit Visa Fees
Each visa has a fee of QAR 200 and QAR 50 for every registered dependent, such as children, for example, or companions. You should also keep in mind that if you decide to prolong your visa, medical check-ups cost QAR 100. The fine for staying longer than what is allowed is QR 200 per day.
Other Things You Should Keep in Mind
Even if the visitor plans to stay in Qatar for longer than one month, make sure that the return on your ticket is scheduled before the end of the first 30 days.
Since the family visit visa lasts for 30 days initially, some airlines may not allow visitors to fly with them if they plan to return after a month has passed. The good thing is that the ticket dates can be modified after the visitor comes to Qatar.
Considering that this is an online visa, there might be a possibility that some airlines may need an ‘OK to Board’ status in their system. You can get this status easily. All you need to do is show the visa copy to the airline’s office in Doha.